19 June 2014

Widgets

Bricks 'N' Cubes Cafe at The Cathay


Family movie date night. Yesterday night was just a test drive or should I say a test movie watching for my soon to be 2 year old baby.. It's been a year since I last saw a movie on the big screen, Oh how boring is that, I know right?

We are not sure if she is ready to come with us to the cinema early at this age and to find out,  I booked a couple seat at Grand Cathay for the movie "How to Train your Dragon 2". As expected, before the movie starts she is already asking me to go out. Good thing that I was able to keep her busy with popcorns and a few of her handy toys. Once in a while she will watch and look at the movie  (she likes dragons somehow) but she really didn't find it interesting. Unless maybe it is Peppa Pig or Mickey Mouse on the screen. hehehe..


Since we were already at The Cathay, I decided to try out Bricks 'N' Cubes Cafe located at the second floor. Start of my cafe hopping.. yey!  The feature that attracts me to try it out is the play area for kids with lego toys. It was a sure hit to my baby who is always curious and exploring.






I immediately looked for the play area when we went inside the cafe. It is all the way at the back. They have priority seats near the play area for families so that you can keep an eye on your child while you are enjoying your food. 


 

Initially when I visited their website, the menu seems like they are only serving coffee and desserts. When I was there, I'm glad that they have pasta and pizza in the menu. But then I didn't order any of those since we were full from munching hotdogs, nachos and popcorn at the cinema. If I had known earlier, maybe I did not eat anything while watching the movie.

I only ordered waffle, cake and my fix of Flavored Caffe Latte.

  

They have an iPad installed in each table where you can key-in your order but there's none in our table so I went to the counter to get a hard copy of the menu. There are also LEGO games in the iPad to keep you busy while waiting for your order.

 
   
 

~ Cube Chocolatious ~

 ~ Chocolate Truffle cake ~
Their best seller is cheesecake by the way but I just had cheesecake
 the other day so I didn't order that. This one is yum but I am having too much sweetness from the waffle also which is equally delicious.  Sweetness overload.

 ~ Flavored Caffe Latte ~
 (you can choose from Mocha, Almond, Hazelnut, Vanilla, Caramel)

 Decors in the cafe with LEGO theme ... Different figures and characters..
 



 


Dining Area outside the cafe.
 I wanted to sit here and people watch but I will be
very far from my baby who is busy at the play area.

My verdict: This cafe is a nice hang out place or a waiting area for friends before watching a movie. If you have a toddler, it is very much convenient dining here because of the play area. I would come here rather than sit on the couches at the 5th or 6th floor while waiting for the movie to start.

Next time that I am watching a movie, I will try their pasta and pizza.

The customer service is... POOR. There are 3 persons behind the counter but they are busy with something on the cellphone. Maybe they are so used to getting orders from the computer that they forgot to smile when customers approached them personally.  Huh! I don't know if they are too tired already because it is near closing time but I must say.. I always want a good customer service. Who doesn't?


Brick N Cubes
www.bricksncubes.sg/

Opening Hours:  Sun – Thurs: 12pm – 11pm
Fri & Sat: 12pm – 12am
Closed on selected public holidays




Address: The Cathay, 2 Handy Road #02-12/14, Singapore, Singapore 22923  



You might also want to read:
Vintage Tea Party at House, Dempsey Hill
Artease Cafe at Serangoon Central
Streats Hong Kong Cafe 
SOD Cafe at Ci Yuan CC (Hougang) 




No comments:

Post a Comment