25 April 2014

Widgets

Vintage Tea Party at House, Dempsey Hill


There's always something about cakes, tea/coffee and chatting with girlfriends that brings the happy mood. Yesterday was a fun day for me. I had a date with my bff Ms. T and we went to a Vintage Tea Party at House located in Dempsey Hill. 

Recently I was into vintage tea cups and while browsing the Vintage Tea Loft online store, I saw their post about House and that's where I came to know about the Vintage High Tea Party. I've been wanting to try it out and finally I booked a table for two.  

 
 
The Vintage Tea Party only happens during Thursdays and Fridays from 3-5.30PM. Since it was Thursday and daddy K has to go to work, I have to bring baby Ish with me. I'm a bit worried that I will not totally eat in peace when I'm with my "attention-demanding" toddler but I don't want to pass this chance to catch up with my bfriend.


 

 I love the personal touch that they placed on our table. A pretty card with my name on it instead of the usual "Reserved" sign.  It is simple yet pretty and added to the whole vintage look. 

It is not very usual for me to see place cards in a restaurant but this made my day.  Oh! wait a minute, alright I get it,  you see place cards only in events and parties and hey we are in a Vintage High Tea party. Now it makes sense to me. But I want a name card for my friend too and it will be very nice if they can do it for all the guests. Like small name/place cards for each guest especially if it's an all-girls afternoon tea. Of course they can only do this if you made a reservation and mention the names of your friends.  Yeah it can be a case to case basis. Only if possible. 



We saw this lovely couch and we wanted to sit here.  But I understand that we were only 2 and I know that it is meant for 6 pax. Obviously.. hahaha... 


I found different and unique flavors of cakes here. I love trying new cake flavors. These cakes are not part of the buffet and you have to pay for it separately. We've tried the Lemon Curd Cheesecake. It's yummy but the slice is too big and we weren't able to finish it given that we were also eating from the buffet spread.  I will try the Mango Coconut Cake next time. 

 


You can order fresh juice and other drinks from the bar if your taste buds are looking for something else than tea.

The Home-made Lemonade with Basil is a new discovery for my palate. I'm used to mint leaves in my drink but I didn't know that basil is as good. I hope they make the lemonade a little less sour. It's quite clever to put the leaves in something like tea bags. The leaves doesn't mix with the lemonade but the basil flavor was there and strong and kicks in in every sip. Refreshing!


The Bread table with yummy spreads.

Love love the beautiful table landscape with vintage suit cases, books, thermos, etc...
I'm overwhelmed with the dessert options I don't know which one to try first.

Now here's a feast for your eyes. 
 






 


Still not craving yet? Here's more... 

The Savoury section. 
 

 

 

 

My first plate. 
 

There's a lot more but I can't take any more pictures because baby Ish won't let me leave her side.

Now let's talk about the tea.
Photo from House's FB page.

The tea options for the buffet were limited to 4 or 5 but honestly I am not really sure. I mean when the staff came to our table to ask me what kind of tea I want, I was confused for a while. All I'm hearing was black tea, green tea, white tea..etc... Verbally explaining to me the options while my baby was tugging my arm made me settle for a Home-made Ginger Tea. A fast and safe option. But the truth was, I like red tea with a hint of vanilla or some other teas with citrus or mango flavor.  If only I wasn't in a multi tasking mode of watching after my toddler I could have ask the staff  to explain it to me more in details. 

After placing my order for tea I saw the board (like the above image) with the list of the available teas in details near the buffet table. Too late eh.. I could've tried the White Rose. I just wish they put this list on a menu card in each table so guests can take their time to choose. Anyway, the home made ginger tea was good and strong and I'm sure my hubby will love it when I bring him next time. 



The tables outside were inviting with that amazing view of lush trees and singing birds.
 It will be nice to sit outside maybe for dinner as it is very hot in the afternoon.



My verdict: Even though my attention was divided between eating, chatting and watching over my baby, we enjoyed our little tea party at House. I will definitely bring my husband next time because he also likes high tea ( I will force him to take leave.. hahaha ). I can't wait to try their brunch too. The pancakes looks super yummy.

A mix of yummy sweets, savouries, tea and good company in a bright and rustic ambience = a lovely afternoon. 


Food: 9/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 9/10
Price: 10/10


Photo from HOUSE's FB page
Vintage High Tea Party
Thursday and Friday - 3-5.30PM
$30/pax

8D Dempsey Road
Singapore 249672


No comments:

Post a Comment