27 October 2013

Widgets

Traditional English Afternoon Tea at The Fullerton Hotel


I met an old friend today. Never seen her for about 2 years now and I'm glad that she came to Singapore. I don't know where to take her because she's been to most of the tourist spots already. I thought to myself this is the prefect time for a "Mommy's Day Off" and another high tea. This time I wanted to try it in Fullerton Hotel.

We got there around 5:30PM and the high tea service was about to end at 6PM. Why did I forgot that "Afternoon Tea" is until 6PM only. I am not really sure if we can max out and utilize the remaining time but I guess we got too excited and still went for it.


We don't want to waste any minute so we ordered our selection of teas. I just noticed that their selection of teas in the menu was fewer compared to other hotels. But because it's quite few, it is easier to choose.They serve TWG teas. We both chose Red Tea. I chose the flavour with again… a hint of vanilla, Vanilla Bourbon. For my friend R, she chose Choco Mint Truffle tea.

Choco Mint Truffle





We were first served with scones, jam and clotted cream then our cup of teas or should I say a teapot of each of our teas. Immediately after that the most awaited star of this dining escapade was served to us, the 3-tier selection of pastries and sweets.

Refillable pastries and sweets…. Nom nom..

Homemade Scones with jam and clotted cream
English Tea Sandwiches
Assorted sweets

The food were good and we liked almost everything in our plate especially the smoked salmon with caviar wrapped in a cone.  But because we only have 5 mins left to 6PM (last order) we asked the waitress to replenish our plate. They kindly obliged and the service was really good. They also asked if we wanted to try another flavour of tea or coffee. We both get a mochaccino.

Mochaccino

We chatted a lot and you bet we lost track of the time and finished at past 9PM. Imagine the tables next to us were already served dinner and we are still munching on the sweets. Hahaha!

My addiction to high teas started when I fell in love with the theme Vintage or Victorian Tea party. I would love to host a tea party for my little girl when she is 7 or organize it for a friend on her bridal shower or birthday. Check out my board in Pinterest below. Isn't it lovely?

Follow Vintage Tea Party by Mae Torres-Shenoy on Pinterest

Overall, we enjoyed our Afternoon Tea at Fullerton. Thanks to daddy K for baby sitting, I was able to recharge and unwind a bit. I'm ready for another week of house chores and taking care of my little rascal.



Afternoon Tea at The Courtyard
The Fullerton Hotel

Monday thru Friday 1PM-6PM
Sat, Sun, or Public Holiday
1st Seating 2-4PM
2nd Seating 4.30-6PM


Traditional Afternoon Tea - $43
  - with Red or White wine - $53
  - with a glass of champagne - $63


Food: 8/10
Ambience:9/10
Service: 9/10
Price: 8/10


You might also want to read:
Weekend High Tea Buffet at The Regent Hotel
Vintage Tea Party at House, Dempsey Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment